(I know, I said this before, when I posted World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies…..and they ARE! But these are in a TIE with them. My gorgeous Computer Teacher, Angela (Gadget Girl), gave me this recipe. She can make good cookies AND she can teach old Ladies computer skills! Fortunately she has taken some of my Beauty Tips too, as you can see….
DOUBLETREE COOKIE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips (you can use regular-sized chocolate chips instead)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pulse oats in a food processor until semi-fine or fine.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly together with a rubbers spatula or wooden spoon.
- To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add butter, both sugars. Cream together using an electric hand mixer. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and eggs. Mix until you have a smooth mixture. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bottom of the bowl with a spatula at least once.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula, being careful not to overmix. Drop in the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until both are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. Again, be careful not to overmix or they will have a cake-like texture.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons or you can use a medium-sized one to make even more cookies), scoop cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Freeze or refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 to 4 hours or overnight even.
- To bake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cookie dough portions onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until desired doneness (for smaller cookies, bake for 12 to 13 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack if storing. Store in a sealed container with a slice of sandwich bread to ensure softness of cookies.
Tip: Freezing your cookie dough for later, let’s you have fresh baked cookies anytime you want them! Here are some tips on how to freeze cookie dough.
Modified from this recipe.
One thought on “Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies…”
That sounds fabulous!